Thursday, August 29, 2013

A TRULY INTERESTING PIECE OF NON-FICTION

Night


Night is about the life of Wiesel as he was growing up during World War II. In the story, he states, “…that I have tried to fight those who would forget. Because if we forgot, we are guilty, we are accomplices.” From what he stated, I think he chose to write about this topic because it has affected his life greatly and remind others about what happened during World War II in hope that it will never happen again.
An idea that I got from reading this book was that you never know what one person is like until you see from their point of view. I feel as if I shall remember this idea for a long time because it is somewhat a universal theme. I chose this idea because not once did a Nazi ever felt like a victim being rounded up or being killed. In the book, Wiesel mentions a group of people that was on the same cattle car as he was starving after not eating in along time. They fought for their pieces of bread that were thrown at them by regular people. One boy even beats his own father to death just so he could have some more bread. This is why I will never forget this idea about not knowing what a person has been through without looking through their point of view.

No comments:

Post a Comment